I'm 37weeks and I havnt felt no contractions or cramps all day today and I had my membranes stripped today by my doctor is that normal not to feel anything?

Happy2bemom969

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 1:35 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• do you feel like the baby is pushing down on something but it dont hurt?
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• That's normal. I had that happen, and I didn't feel my baby kick for about 2 or 3 days. I was worried but my Husband told me it was OK. The Doctor told me that that would happen.
    CamCamsMama

Answer by CamCamsMama at 1:48 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Just b/c they strip your membranes doesn't mean you automatically go into labor. Sometimes they have to do it a couple times...it's not magic
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Sometimes you'll feel something, sometimes you won't. Your baby will come when he/she is ready, but I know the waiting is hard. Try to be patient! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:23 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Yes...stripping membranes does not necessarilly mean you will go in to labor.
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 4:58 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• You should feel some kind of movement, in the last trimester I was given a chart! You should feel so many moves per day..if you don't for hr's and hr's you need to notify your doctor ASAP!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• But no you don't have to feel cramp's or contractions just from that...you do feel movement still right??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• i had mine stripped at 37,38,39and 40 weeks and was induced at 41 weeks ..just be patient some ppl go into labor while others dont..
    mrs_mclendon

Answer by mrs_mclendon at 8:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I had mine stripped last week and I didn't feel one single thing.

I'm 40 weeks, I'm being induced Friday.

So it doesn't work for everyone : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:31 AM on Dec. 24, 2008