How can I get my 3 week old baby to sleep in his own bed at night?

He crys and crys until I put him in the bed with me even though his bed is right next to mine he wont sleep alone.

dest09

Asked by dest09 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try putting him in a bassinet and move him little by little into his room if he has one. It might be a little early for him to be sleeping in a crib.
    logan-n-kairi

Answer by logan-n-kairi at 4:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Have you tried swaddling him. that seems to work with my daughter. I think it gives them the feeling of being back in the womb
    shannona9706

Answer by shannona9706 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Jamie refused to be swaddled but the vibrating bouncy seat worked wonders! he slept in that (in his crib) until he was probably 2 months old....best we can figure the crib was a little too vast for him and the closed quarters of the bouncy seat was perfect....but only because he hated being swaddled!
    afeather

Answer by afeather at 10:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• my son is very very easy going but he is a loud sleeper (like his dad) so i pretty much had enough sleepless nights by 3-4 weeks and the worst part he was practically sleeping through the night he was just such a loud sleeper so i wanted him to start sleeping in his room so i would put him in their after his last bottle all changed fed and happy and let him lay their until he eventually fell asleep on his own but again he was/is a very easy baby and was/is always happy with anything
    mcwilsonsmom210

Answer by mcwilsonsmom210 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2008