I am interested in becoming a Wedding Planner, how to you go about do that?

I have no experience, but I think that I would be a good match.

CamCamsMama

Asked by CamCamsMama at 1:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

• I was also really interested before i found something else i wanted to do and i just googled it and there are alot of quick training programs out there!! Good luck!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• You will have to do some weddings for free, I imagine, to get your portfolio made.

I would see if you could intern with an established local company first - I'm sure there's a national organization of wedding planners that could give you tips as well.

What is your local market like?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:52 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• You will need to do some schooling. It's not expensive. I have done it. I would like to open a boutique in a few years. Right now I have to focus on my other business. The best school I can refer you to is QC Wedding Planning School.

http://www.qcweddingplanning.com

It's EXCELENT!!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:15 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Girl, you just need to do some research. Read www.stuffformoms.info. First page. You just turn your idea into what you want. No need to pay anyone to get started. Do what you want!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2008