If you pay for an item on ebay using moneygram as a moneyorder in which you pay with, are you 100% protected if you dont receive the item, but it was cashed?

I didnt use paypal, credit cards, etc I used moneygram moneyorder, which that means I'm not protected right? if it was cashed and I didnt receive the item. No authorities can do anything about it right? it was only a moneyorder of 20 dollars though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Shopping

• Always, always, always use paypal.

As far as I understand it, you are not protected by money order.

You may want to enter a dispute with eBay just to be sure.

I will never buy from a non-paypal seller - no matter WHAT the deal is.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:42 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• It's your word against theirs...you say you didn't receive it and they say they mailed it, but if there is not tracking number or anything, neither one of you can prove it. Plus you didn't use PayPal so there is no recourse.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2008