Can birth control pills mess with your period?

I got on the bc pill around the end of September. My period in October was on the 30th, I think or around there. November was the 24th I started spotting and the 25th it was definitely here! And this month I havent had it at all. But I stopped taking my bc pill the last sunday in November. I took it for like a week and a half in December but I havent been taking it and I supposively am late for my period. It still hasnt came. So is it just getting off the pill / the pill messing with my period or could it be pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• any time that i have ever been on birth-control my periods have been wayyy off...i was on yaz, ortho, low ovaral, depo, and the nuva-ring...i always was bleeding when i wasn't supposed to, and or didn't bleed at all!!
    brice08

Answer by brice08 at 4:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• It can take a few months for your periods to regulate, and you haven't been taking your pills, so your body is probably trying to figure out what is going on. You ave to be consistent with BC pills, or they won't work, and you have to give your body a few months to get on track.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:06 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• when you didnt have your period or didnt bleed did you have any pregnancy symptoms? because Ive been having many of those too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• The hormones in the pill can trick your body into thinking you are pregnant, and you can have a lot of the symptoms of pregnancy just by being on the pill. The only way to know if you are pregnant is to take a test.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:14 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I already took like four but I took them about a week ago and I think that was way too early because they werent tests you could take early either.
    jocelynsue123

Answer by jocelynsue123 at 4:15 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• You may need to wait a week, though I know it's hard. Try to be patient, and if you still haven't gotten your period in that time, then take another test. I can remember times where had I been having sex, I would have been certain I was pregnant, but there was no way unless it was the immaculate conception. Happened several times!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:22 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Thats what I was thinking I figured if my period isnt here by like January I should probably take another test.
    thanks!
    jocelynsue123

Answer by jocelynsue123 at 4:31 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• You need to either be consistently on the pill or consistenly off. The hormones will mess with your cycle, and if you're not ready to be pregnant, use a back up (condoms or something) until your period regulates itself. I was on the pill for years, and it took me about 3 months before I was predictable when I went off.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 24, 2008