How many weeks pregnant should you stop lying on your stomach

im 17 weeks and i still lay on my stomach sleeping on my side is too uncomfortable what should i do

jamie179

Asked by jamie179 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You should sleep how you are comfortable for as long as it is comfortable. Your baby is very well protected, you are not going to squish him or her :) Your body will tell you when your baby is too big for you to lay on your stomach, because it will feel like you're lying with a rock under you. It will be so uncomfortable you will HAVE to sleep on your side. There is no "time" you should stop sleeping on your tummy because everyone is different. When it is uncomfortable, stop. That simple :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• when it starts to not be comfortable anymore. you wont hurt the baby by laying on your stomach.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• whe you get a bump. idk, i found it uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach when i got a bump. i wanted to though...when i was like 7 months along (and huge, i might add) i jokingly considered ripping a hole in my mattress just big enough where my stomach would fit in there and i could get comfortable lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• I'm 20 weeks and still lay on mine kinda. Its my tummy/side if that makes sense. I am dreading the day I cant sleep on mine :(
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• When it is no longer comfortable. I am over 20 weeks and I still somewhat lay on my stomach.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 2:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU GUYS
    \
    jamie179

Comment by jamie179 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• I was a tummy sleeper too :) My doc said i could lay on my tummy till it was uncomfortable!!
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 4:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• my doc also said i could sleep on my stomach until it became uncomfortable. i'm 32 weeks and i still do it! it takes a lot of pillows plus my boppy to make it comfy, but it's worth it :)
    mama_danetta

Answer by mama_danetta at 5:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• When it is no longer comfortable.
    .JuneDiva629.

Answer by .JuneDiva629. at 6:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• thank you guys i really appreciate the comments
    jamie179

Comment by jamie179 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Aug. 15, 2011