Would you have done this?

When i was PG the first time i craved HOT CHEETOS like a crazy person. So of course thats what i ate. And ya i know how bad they are for you but if i didnt eat them i would go nuts.. So anyway, after my daughter was born i didnt eat them anymore but she just cried and cried and cried. My doc asked me what i craved when i was PG and i told him and he told me to let her suck on a hot cheeto... And It worked..She was about 2-3 months old and it made her stop crying...She loved them! And now she is almost 3 and she still loves them... Is that weird..? Would you do something like that? NO BASHING!

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 8:50 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol i think thats funny i would have did it if it got her to stop crying and it made her happy
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:00 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• sure, i would've one the same thing if my doc suggested it. i personally would not have thought of doing it but it makes total sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I didnt crave anything like that but if the doctor told you to do it then why would it be bad?

Answer by gemgem at 8:53 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• He said that since i pretty much lived on Hot Cheetos then after she was born she wasnt getting was she was use to.. i just thought it was funny how he put it and then to let her suck on one....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• no, i think that's ridiculous.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• hey if it works and doc said you could what is the problem?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:00 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• It is definitely strange, but it's not like it was something dangerous for her to eat...they make Gerber snacks out of the same stuff. So I guess if it worked for you, why not?
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 9:01 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I ate those cheetos too! LOL Yummy. I don't think I would let my baby suck on one though... I would be worried it would be too hot. But I might try the concept out on another food.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:09 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• It's not something that I would have thought of myself, it kinda makes sense though. If the doc thought it was okay, why not! Glad it worked for you!
    DaneishaHarger

Answer by DaneishaHarger at 10:23 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I only craved soup while I was pregnant, but only in the beginning...not all through...after my first trimester, I didn't crave anything, but if the Dr told me that would help, I would have done it...

1sttimemommy198

Answer by 1sttimemommy198 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 24, 2008