Alert - Alert - Need Ideas ASAP....

My dear, darling stepfather has asked ME to be in charge of my mother's stocking this year!!!!

We normally do fun and silly things - ideas please!!!!!!!!!

And of course, no rush, right?

Wimsey

Asked by Wimsey at 8:53 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Shopping

• I try to do a mix of things for my hubby and kids...for my mom i'd do a manicure set (nail trimmer/file, etc), a few of her favorite treats (chocolate pieces, sunflower seeds, mints), lip gloss, fancy socks, a small toy (like 20Q, Rubix Cube, or a solitaire/poker handheld), purse sized items, etc. I have my best luck finding things at the drug store (CVS, Rite Aid, etc) because you can get one or 2 of something without having to buy a ton.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Why not get a CD with her favorite songs? I got my mil a collection of cheesy 1950's songs at walmart for about $10. I also got her a reindeer that poops jelly beans & candy & some lotions. Thats in my mil's stocking LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 8:54 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• ummm u could get her a mini thing of perfume, some diffrent body washes and her fav candy, cd's things like that are great
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I think Chia pets are the silliest thing I have ever seen! My mother and husband exchange pens and some of them are funny (like the boxing pig!). A desk calendar with jokes or those that poke fun at something (like church signs or notes from a medical record - if she's into either), A funny movie or CD (Chrismas Vacation is hilarious IMO) or a comedians CD or DVD. Browse the stores for kooky stuff at the cash register and on stands in the middle of the aisles and stores. They usually stick out like sore thumbs so you grab them while you shop for the serious stuff!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:16 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• box of waffles
    Anonymous