Help!!! Why is she sleeping so horribly??

I have an 11 month old and for the past 3 nights she has slept horribly! She just cries and cries! When it first started 3 nights ago I woke up to feed her and noticed that she had a fever (101.4) I gave her some tylenol to break it, fed her and from then on it has been about the same thing. She stiffens her back and pitches an awful fit and cries/screams! I cannot do anything to console her either! I have done the butt pat, changed her diaper, bounced her, held her, put her in her bed to see if she would be more comfortable, etc.!! And...still the same thing, .....she screams! It weird during the day she is for the most part normal just a little cranky, but at night...complete opposite.The first day I had to dose her for a slight fever about 3 times and yesterday about2 (including the night before), last night no fever just awful fits! She is still nursing pretty regular thankfully. I just don't know what is going on!

sunnygrl2

Asked by sunnygrl2 at 9:12 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is she Teething? My DD went through that about the same age. She has what I call cycles. She will go months sleeping through the night then all the sudden it is back to being up all night for what seems like no reason. Try giving her ibuprofenit will reduce fever and help pain better if she is teething. But before ignoring it based on what I say, make sure you rule out any medical problems she may have by talking to her doctor about it. Hope this helps:)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 12:18 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• My DS did this when he started cutting his molars, they're the worst ones, causes little ones a lot of pain. See if it's swollen and red. Motrin lasts longer and works on the swelling. DS had a long bout of sleepless nights and screaming until his molars cut through.
    mommyonhawaii

Answer by mommyonhawaii at 5:04 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Yea, It always wound up being teeth when this happened to us....11 months sounds about right for some teeth....we usually wondered until they popped through and then we could look back and realize that was it.
    stannseniors

Answer by stannseniors at 5:15 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• teething, rub the gum with honey with little salt, it eases the pain, make sure that she is nursing well , they don't eat when they teeth, but they love biting a corn, or cucumber, and they love yougurt and drink ,milk, check out her ears, maybe little infection (god forbid)
    pinkduck

Answer by pinkduck at 8:24 PM on Dec. 24, 2008