How do I get my 13 month old to eat table foods?

My daughter is 13 months and will not eat ANY table foods. She has 6 teeth. I've tried giving her crackers, cheerios, bananas, cheese, and scrambled eggs. When it's in her mouth she cries until she can spit it out. She won't even eat the stage 3 jar baby foods (you know the stuff with tiny bits of carrot or peas in it). She gags and sometimes throws it up. I don't know how to get her learn how to chew.

syracuse904

Asked by syracuse904 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would suggest to just keep on offering her things and try not to give up. I have an 18 month old and I constantly offered her things. If she rejected it I moved on to other things, and stuck with the few things she DID eat (which were few) until I was motivated to try again. I always offer her the things she has rejected again and again. Most of the time with a few weeks in between. You'd be surprised how they change their minds. Also, they'll reject things that they usually love to eat for no reason. Maybe they are bored with it or whatever. As far as teaching her to chew just keep giving her nice soft things until she takes it. Chunky applesauce, ripe banana, ummm my mind is blank but I'm sure you get my point. Just don't give up on anything!!!
    MayaTheBee

Answer by MayaTheBee at 4:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My son started eating table food around 7 or 8 months. when ever he'd see me eating then he would want some. Like mashed potatoes and fries.He loves apple jacks and lil o's. he's 13 months now and i cant keep away from foods. You eat it and maybe you kid would want some too. thought i might help.
    babiJ

Answer by babiJ at 8:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2008