Anyone ever use DentTemp?

How long does it take to come out? the packages says a week and I filled my cavity with it over a week ago and it still wont come out! Any suggestions on how to get it out?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 8:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2011 in Health

• why do you want it out?
    JaxonsMomma22

Answer by JaxonsMomma22 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• its bothering me and I want to redo it
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• go to the dentist!! it's not a permanent solution!!!
    stacy8606

Answer by stacy8606 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• I am a retired dental assistant, and I can tell you (like Stacy said) it is not a permanent solution (hence the name.) In fact, putting over the top of decay is like putting a swarm of bees in a pickle jar. The decay will sit under the temp fill and continue to spread. You should really go to the dentist and have the temp filling removed and have a proper filling placed. However; I do know that dental treatment is expensive and times are tough, so if you really want to remove it you can try scrapping it out with a dental instrument (you can buy these at any store, target, walmart etc) and re-do it. You may want to have a friend remove it for you, because it might be difficult for you. But, you might do further damage to the tooth by trying to remove this filling.
    JaxonsMomma22

Answer by JaxonsMomma22 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• times are tough! It will cost me $300 just to remove one of my cavaties and I have 2, with 3 kids 3 and under its just not in my budget at the moment.
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2011