Ok I thought that when the baby starts dropping...

She would be out of my ribs. 37 wks and she dropped about 2 wks ago. Last night and today she has been SOOOOOOO ACTIVE!! Now she is back in my ribs. Is this normal??? And why is she extremely active today??? She hasn't been this active in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Shawna

Plus she also feels like she is trying to push her way out down there!!!

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• She hasn't dropped then, she was probably just sitting low.
    I thought my little girl had dropped too, and was head down. I was wrong, she's still breech and she's back in my ribs.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I went to the doc 2wks ago and he said she had dropped and Monday he said she was in the birthing canal... thats why i am confused
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Weird, cause if she was engaged she shouldn't be moving in your ribs. Maybe she has long legs, ha.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• This is my first so I am confused on a lot of things. He did tell me he thinks we will have a big baby so maybe that has something to do with it!!
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Babies can move back up. Plus, sometimes they can drop just a little way without actually entering the birth canal. That and if your baby stretches instead of curls, then you would feel both ends. :)
    My son dropped a little (I suddenly had a space between my boobs and stomach), but he didn't drop into the birth canal until I was in active labor.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:53 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• If she really did drop, it could be possible that she's just stretching out her legs. I'm 37 wks also, and my girl dropped a couple weeks ago, too, but I don't feel her in my ribs anymore, though.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:15 AM on Dec. 24, 2008