When will Obama pull troops out of Iraq?

During his campaign he said 6 months from inaguration. Since he has been elected, he has changed his position. Many of my family voted for him because of that very reason. They wanted the troops home.
Can we count on the troops home 6 months from January 20, 2008?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, according to CNN american troops can stay over there until june 2011 under a security agreement now. Sooo...who knows.

Plus, I think it's stupid to pull all the troops out at once, and i think it's impossible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I just heard they are INCREASING the troop levels ( at least in afghanistan) by quite a bit by August. They start deploying next month! He said what he had to to get elected. He is a MAJOR part of Chicago politics, one of the most corrupt cities in the nation. Of course he is too!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• He is not going to end the war and bring the troops back. Even if we pull out of Iraq, he will send them elsewhere. He can't afford to have all those vets come back and start looking for jobs, it would raise the unemployment rate too much. He will come up with some crisis to keep them employed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• No our troops will not be leaving Iraq in 6 months.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• He's not bringing them home, he's sending them to Afganistan. He never said he was bringing them home, he said he would put the focus of the war on terrorism back where it's supposed to be. He said he was pulling them out of Iraq, and he said his withdrawal plan would take at least 16 months.

BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:44 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• first he is against the war, then he tells them we will bring them down.... another flip flop..... everyone is concentrating on iraq....what about afganistan.... that place is horrible right now.... as much as i want our men and women home its not a good idea.... my husband served 15 months on the front lines on the pak. border i have seen enough video to know how crazy it really is....the media disorts it.....

by bringing our troops home it will only allow the terriorists to regroup train harder and grow in numbers..then they will come back over here and try to hurt us.....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I think that his opinions before election were just that... OPINIONS. Now he has had access to the same intelligence information as our present administration and sees exactly what is involved. Everyone WANTS the troops home... but obviously there is more to it than what we WANT. I mean.. I WANT to spend lots of money on travel... but there's more to it than that... such as... can I let my family go without electricity to do that...

StillRelevant

Answer by StillRelevant at 12:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• He said what he had to to get elected. He is a MAJOR part of Chicago politics, one of the most corrupt cities in the nation. Of course he is too!

I wish more Americans would have realized this before casting their votes.  Most people kept saying they didn't want more of the "same". Guess what folks.......  People should have known that pulling troops completely out of anywhere right now....should not, could not happen.

Anonymous

• Our troops are going to start coming home in February, they all have to be out in 2011, according to what I've read. Obama had NOTHING to do with them coming home, but he will get all the praise for it.
    Anonymous

• He actually didn't say he'd pull them all out in 6 months. He said they wanted to have the majority of our troops out in 16 months, but that we'd still have contingencies in place, and that there was likely to be an increase in troops initially, to take care of things we haven't been.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2008