depressed for the holidays

is anyone else depressed?

hubby is at work, baby is still in my belly, nobody's home! I'm all by myself until 10 am tomorrow when hubby gets home tomorrow morning. AND to top it all off, me and hubby are fighting anyway! Gotta love pregnancy hormones.

UGH! All the family I have here is my parents, (i'm 17) the rest of my family lives all around the US, we're the only ones in florida. Oh yeah, i forgot to mention.. I'm FROM new jersey so being in FL where it doesnt even get cold just adds on the list of why I feel like shit.

Am I alone here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm a little sad too, trying not to be though. My husband won't be home until midnight tonight. I do have my 4-month old son, so he'll keep me company, but I don't have any family around here. My parents are in Florida, my brother in Chicago, and my sister in California. We're celebrating with my SIL tomorrow, which is great because she has two kids, and they're the greatest nieces! However, it's not the same without my side of the family.

When I start feeling sad though, I just remember that there's a lot of people who aren't able to celebrate with family at all. Or all the families without their parents because they're across seas. Try to think of all the positives and not the negatives. We're the lucky ones!

Congratulations on your baby! Cheer up! It's the holidays and you'll be with your husband tomorrow!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Me 2 but that's because I have to see all the family. Had ultrasound yesterday was supposed to have results (sex) sealed then let mom open it tonight 4 Christmas. Trees are lit it's snowing right now and I know my aunt has that stupid fire log thing that plays on t.v on but got bad news at ultrasound everyone will be making fuss but I'm completely depressed (see response in Birth Defect Group under introduce yourself) anyway......check it out it may ease things a little for you guys it may not but like I always say "Don't sweat the small shit."
    Peace Out
    misco0524

Answer by misco0524 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I am too and have absolutely no idea why really. I have everything I need here. My SO, my son and baby on the way. I just want to lay down and cry for some reason. I hate the holidays. Nothing really good has ever happened. Someone always dies on or around a holiday and it seems to be nothing but about money anymore which I don't have enough of...who does anymore really?
    Agghh just gotta get through tomorrow will all the people I wish i didn't have to see.
    Anonymous

• I hate this year because for christmas it is going to be my parents my sis and her bf and my grandma and my one year old daughter will be with her father who doesnt even celebrate christmas and my family will eventually start fighting and that will be the end of the christmasy spirit
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Christmas sucks over here too.... My boyfriend and I have been together for about two years and this is the second Christmas were fighting and it all has to do with where were going for Christmas.
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 3:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Yeah i went to my husbands family X-mas tonight and all i wanted to do was cry about everything .I dont know if its b/c i cant see my family, i feel All alone around ALL these people i barely know, being sick or maybe even preg. WHO KNOWS but i feel your pain totally!!
    i wish you best tho'!
    TN-FOOR

Answer by TN-FOOR at 12:43 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• when I was 18 I was pregnant and didn't have anyone, I had my own apartment and it was just me and my baby in my belly also. I kept my slef busy though I cleaned and on one occassion I was gonna buy a Christmas tree but didnt' want to spend 20 dollars on a tree when I could spend 20 dollars on 2 packs of diapers so I drew it on the wall and that kept me entertained and it helped me with my sadness and loneliness it was also very fun! Cheer up. and this is the perfect time to make up with hubby!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:47 AM on Dec. 25, 2008