Do you like this name???

Me and my SO are having a baby in a few weeks and its a little girl!! We have our name picked out we picked "Dani Marie" Because his name is Daniel and my middle name is marie, I really like it but most peoples response has been WHERE IN THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT NAME FROM?? or OK......... or A SARCASTIC OHHHHH CUTE.....Anyway what do you think of it??

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I like it, what about Danielle?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• And you can still call her Dani
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I really like Dani Marie or Danielle Marie and call her Dani! That will give her more options! Congratulations!!!
    CherylP

Answer by CherylP at 10:35 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I think it sounds fine and people shouldn't be so opinionated about what someone else is naming their child. She is your little girl so you need to name her what feels right to you. I am also having a little girl and I've decided after getting more than one opinion I didn't care for to not tell anyone the name that we've agreed on because I don't care to hear whether they like it or not.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 10:42 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I like it! I love typical "boy" names for girls...my daughter's name is Karsyn (Carson). Anyway, one of my sister's twins is named Danika and we all call her Dani!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 10:44 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I asked him if he wanted to make it daniell and call her Dani but he just wants Dani I got to pick both our sons names so im leaving this one up to him its his call!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I love that name!!! Who cares what anyone else says, if you like it thats all that matters.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 10:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Its not that unusual. not weird at all I dont think. People will keep asking if thats a nickname though. My dad's real legal first name was Ricky. When he was older he just went by Rick. People would always assume his "real" name was Richard though. It was hard to convice some folks that, no, its just Ricky.
    One of my daughter's is named after me, in a way. Her name is Evangeline but we call her Eva (which is my middle name) Husband thought of it. He wanted to name her after me but yet give her her own identity too if she ever wanted a more "formal" name.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:01 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• i love the boys names for girls. My name is Billie lol and i named my daughter Ashtyn, Danica was one of the names i loved because i like the name Dani!! its cute and im sure it will fit her well!
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I like it. It sounds almost classic 50's ish to me for some reason. I know it's probably not but it gives a cute image :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:14 AM on Dec. 24, 2008