Creaky cracking joints?

I'm in my last month of pregnancy and it seems when I'm still for more than a minute or so and then move, my whole body responds with a loud and embarrassing snap crackle pop style objection. Ive heard of joints swelling and softening in preparation for labor but whats too much?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hehe I've got that soooo bad too! What is really bad is when I'm just laying in bed and she shifts positions and my hips crack audibly!!! Lol it freaked me out for awhile, but I've always had loose joints I guess. Every joint in my body pops at one point or another. Pregnancy just makes it worse! If it's painful, you need to talk to your doctor, but otherwise it should be fine. Your body and bones are doing a lot of adjusting and spreading right now.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:05 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• It is normal. If it is causing you pain, I would suggest visiting a chiropractor. They can make sure everything is aligned properly. It also can ease some labor pains if your spine and hips are properly aligned.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 1:12 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I'd say it's too much if you break something, or can't walk anymore. Since you're in your last month, just hang in there!

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2008