IM GOING INSANE HELP ME!!!! IM A FIRST TIME MOM AND I HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD THAT I FEEL IS OUT OF CONTROL. TIME OUTS DON'T WORK! SPANKING ONLY HELPS FOR A FEW MIN. I DON'T EVEN WANT TO CONSIDER HAVING ANOTHER CHILD BECAUSE THINGS HAVE GOT SO BAD. DOES EVERYONE FEEL LIKE THIS AT ONE POINT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• I feel the same way, My daughter is 2 and she is out of control. Like said Ive tried time-outs and spankings. I feel like its a losing battle. I just hope that it gets better over time as she starts to understand a little better. Your not alone.
    aishadavid

Answer by aishadavid at 6:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I've been there, done that. All I can say is get the Book Beyond Time OUt. From chaos to Calm. By Dr. Beth Grosshans. It works!
    Anonymous

• I have a 3 year old son, he is the same way. I sometimes feel like I say things over and over. It is absolutely unbelievable. I do suggest watching the show Super Nanny. The show is really wonderful. However mostly she believes in time-out. As many times as a child refuses to sit you continously place the child in time-out eventually the child will wear down and will realize you are in control. The key is being persistant. Of course the child is not expected to sit in time-out long, however they should learn once you say to sit to sit. Consistency is the key. We are still working on this...it has been working he is a little better then before.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• How about a toy closet? It'd be a fun project, and help keep your house clean too. My kids can go to the fridge (I have a paper with pictures of what is in the toy closet) and choose what they want to play with;

a box full of cars and trucks, play-doh, our little people castle, or barn...

TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2008