Help please!! baby cradle question!!

Ok my SO's aunt and uncle have my SO's baby cradle that was made for him as an infant.... Anyway she is asking me if we want it for our new baby comming in a few weeks and of corse id love to have it cause it was her daddys but.... Im just wondering if any of you have used a wooden cradle, is it safe?? SIDS terrify me!! What would you use mattress/padding wise. Again like i said id love to have it and would love to use it it would help out tremendesly money wise, but I just want to know if anyone else has used one or if its safe for our newborn thanks!!

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Young babies can sleep pretty much anywhere. Just make sure that you use a firm mattress that fits snugly inside the cradle and there should be no loose bedding. You should always put the baby to sleep on her back. Also, having a fan running in the room reduces the risk of SIDS. Once your baby begins moving around more...you might want to consider putting her in her crib. You'll have to see how stable the crib is...you don't want her to be able to roll out of it or knock it over.

Congrats on the new baby!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Agree with above
    Anonymous

• I used an old wooden cradle at first and it worked fine with the pins stuck in it so it didn't rock. I stopped though because I felt safer with her in my bed. It worked fine, but you also want to make sure that te slats aren't too far apart because baby can get stuck.
    nicholeluvslucy

Answer by nicholeluvslucy at 12:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2008