what to do?

My husband flipped out last night because I was gone till about 12 30am shopping and I told him I was not going to be that long but I was so when I got home he flipped his lid he was screeming at me at the top of his lungs saying how he was sick and he wanted to go to bed but because of me he couldn't ( He had the kids and Baby boy was up) so I was like man calm down Im sorry , well he threw the computer chair across my bedroom ( I was in the livingroom but I heard it) so I just stayed in the livingroom and went to bed but heres my prob IM SO PISSED HE ACTED LIKE THAT TWARDS ME!! He has said sorry but I don't know what to do I don't wat to ruin x-mas but damn!idk what to do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• His yelling is kind of understandable from his point of view if he was really sick and trying to take care of the children and counted on your being there soon. Being exhausted and sick can make somebody lose their temper. But throwing things is not understandable. If he is threatening you then you need to get out now. If this was a one time thing, then talk with him now about how it wasn't acceptable at all. Repeat that you are sorry, but that things happen. Then you can have your Christmas celebration. If he really is remorseful then it should be OK, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't now be alert to more violence and have in mind a way out.

Answer by Bmat at 12:35 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Sounds like some one needs anger management. Id piss,too and tell him to go eat some dirt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• people can be arrested for things like that. if this is the first time he's done something like that? if so, maybe something is going on that he's not talking about. if he won't open up to you, maybe counseling is in order. this cannot turn into a trend.

throwing and yelling like that are examples of abusive behaviors. this is not a spiral you want you and the kids around...BELIEVE ME.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• What's hubby like when he drives or other times when you ask him to watch kids? Is he otherwise just about really and truly nearly always 24/7 helpful around the house and out of the house? When in a store does he help with the kids or walks with the cart while you chase kids and pick things? If his actions were first, second time random then I wouldn't worry except for your ego hurting. When you yourself are sick does he physically take care of you and kids, house or you have to do that all yourself? Think of his history. Think some more.
    Anonymous

• Jeeez, he needs to take a chill pill... I was sick with the flu and had a 3 day old baby girl to take care of.... That pisses me off.... Hope things get better....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 12:10 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I would tell him that your sorry it took so long when shopping it was unforseen I would tell him that you should have called him to tell him you were running late but lost track of time in the crazyness that is last minute holiday shopping. Tell him u know he was not feeling well and u feel even woorse this occured don't bring up the the holidays this only complicates things After you get done kissing his ass let him know very matter of factly that in no situation is it ok that he start tossing shit around the house giving the kids permissions that's how we handle things when we don't feel well The kids probably have some idea that daddy is sick or "not feeling well" finsh what ur saying with a question that requires a yes response like- "we don't want the kids to think it's ok to do that kind of stuff right .?" Once he says yes give him a hug a kiss and quickly say I'm thirsty as hell u want something to drink 2
    misco0524

Answer by misco0524 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• A question for you? Are all the kids his? He sounds like a bitter man to me who did not want to be stuck in the "house" with the nect mans child. Tell him to chill. We as mothers do it all the time, keeping the kids. What kills me is that the men think they are "babysitting" when we leave them at home with the kids. No buddy, you cannot babysit your own child!!!!!!!! Welcome to the real world or parenthood.
    On another note, he sounds a little on the abusive side throwing furniture around. Is he behaving this way around the children? If so, that definitely need to stop ASAP. Anger management classes may not be such a bad idea.
    Good Luck
    Anonymous

• ok so probably not what you want to hear but thats just how the abuse started with my kids father after 4 yrs of no so much as a dirty look!!!!!!! it all started with violent behavior that was "because of me" but not at me throwing dishes when i made him mad and such and it didnt take long before that violence was directed at me
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 9:06 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• ok heres the update he was kissing butt all day and I was kinda ignoring him because of course Im pissed well he pulled me aside and told me again he was sorry and nothing gave him the right to act that way so I basicly just all out told him that acting like that scared the hell out of me and I am not going to stay with a person who puts me on edge like that , so to the point we had an awesomely long talk and were all better not =D to answer some questions ( yes he is the father of all 3 kiddos, no he is not "abusive" I think he really was just feeling like crap and lost his cool) thanks so much 4 the advise!
    Anonymous