Yeah I'm stupid, but I need to ask this stupid question

Okay, tomorrow (Christmas) we are having "snack" type foods kicking around before the main dinner. We are having typical stuff, chips and dip, veggies and dip, crackers and cheese, etc.

If I cut up the vegetables and cube or slice the cheese now and plate it and put it in the fridge will they be okay till tomorrow or will they get all dried out and yucky?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Food & Drink

• The veggies would probably be ok but id wait on the cheese!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• You can cut the vegetables now and place them in the fridge but maybe wait and cut the cheese tomorrow.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Yeah, I would wait until tomorrow AM. I almost bought a snack food tray from Sams the other night, but then thought I'd better wait until today. Cheese would be okay to do tonight if you don't have time, just keep it in a baggie.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:01 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• The veggies you could. The cheese I'd wait on, unless you can get a very good, tight seal on it. Otherwise, it'd probably get hard and crusty before tomorrow.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:07 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• The cheese is easy so just do it tomorow....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 12:11 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• cover it and it will be fine. Put some plastic wrap over it. I always do it the day before.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 12:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I cut up the vegetables and refrigerated. I could do the cheese and have in the past, but it is so easy I'll wait until tomorrow. It is fine to cut it up today if you want to so that you can save time tomorrow. Just wrap it well and refrigerate.

Answer by Bmat at 12:27 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• This is just the way I do it, and you don't have to do it, I cut the veggies the night before & if I have a bowl that has a cover, I put some water in the bowl & add the vegetables & all I have to do is drain the veggies. I don't see why you can't cut up the cheese & put it in a ziploc bag. As long as the seal is tight & you squeeze the air out of it. Good Luck!!!
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• You are better to put the carrots and celery in water and covered for the night so they stay crispy. Becareful mixing cheeses in one package as they will pick up flavors from other cheeses if some of them are strong flavored You are better to prepard the cheeses and only put like cheeses together and I don't mean colors.. Good luck have a Very Merry Christmas.God Blesss you and your family
    wipeoutgirl

Answer by wipeoutgirl at 5:23 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• they will be fine, just make sure that you either put foil or plastic wrap over top so they dont dry out
    ProudMommie0506

Answer by ProudMommie0506 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 24, 2008