• In the Spotlight:

How long can post partum last....

I never have considered that I may have post partum because I LOVE my son soooooooo much I would give my right arm just to make him happy... But I find that I get frustrated with him easily, I've been like that since the beginning really but its more and more to the point that sometimes I just yell at him. He is only 10 months old, I KNOW he doesnt understand that when he pinches me or pulls my hair it hurts; but I get so agrrevated I just put him down and then he starts crying and before you know it im at the end of my rope... Could it be post partum? Or do I just have anger issues? I dont ever want to hurt him...but sometimes I want to just leave him on the floor crying and it breaks my heart to feel like that :-(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Doesn't sound like PPD. I suggest you google to get more info. Sorry you are going through that. You just seem to be overwhelmed. Is there anyone around to help give you a break once in awhile?

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• That's the thing I DO get away from him I work everyday but in the evening it just gets so hard because im all alone and im trying to cook and he wants every second of my attention and I REALLY want to give it to him but I have to eat and clean and I only have about 4 hours to do it each day. Usually it is ok but it's like some days I just cant stand it anymore, when he wants up then down and acts hungry but wont eat, acts tired but wont sleep, rolls around in his poo while Im changing his diaper...I just get to the point I dont know what to do with him---I dunno maybe i just wasnt cut out for this mommy stuff :-(
    Anonymous

• with my first child, my postpartum lasted about 2 years.... it got worse as time went on and turned into full blown depression. i couldn't get help because my ex-husbands insurance wouldn't cover anti-depressants. with my daughter, i wasn't allowed to leave the hospital until i had one dose of WellbutrinXL and a Rx for it. that helped the second time around. everyone is different, but if your concerned, talk to your doctor.

Anonymous

• i think at 10 months old they r startin to learn so when he dooes pull your hair sittin on the ground kinda like a time out and sooner or later he will learn that he is gettin put down cuz of what he is doing
    emilynross

Answer by emilynross at 1:06 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• my son is 10 mos as well, and is th exact same as your baby. only worse, he comes to work with me, so i am always around, and NEVER get a break. some days i want papaw to take him for a while, and on occasion he will. then i feel like i should feel bad for leaving him, and i dont... i dont know what to tell you, i have all sorts of toys for him to play with, and he sits there and hollers until i get him. 1 thing i can count on is the walker, he loves it and can follow me around. then i can barrocade the places i dont want him gettin in to. helps me some!!!
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 1:49 PM on Dec. 24, 2008