Who has started their cooking?!

I have been kicking ass and taking names in the kitchen today! So far this morning I made a huge breakfast...then I got started on the holiday cooking...I'm just taking a cheese and cracker tray to the party I have tonight, so I cut up the cheese and made the cheeseball...its all ready to go. I have all the grandparents over tomorrow morning to watch the kids open presents and I started making the "snacky breakfast" foods for tomorrow. I made Santa's cookies. I made the raspberry bars and almond poppy seed muffins for tomorrow's party at my grandmas. I wimped out on lunch though...hotdogs and animal crackers...lol 45 seconds in the microwave! lol

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Holidays

• We're snowed in, basically, and I don't know if we'll even have my middle son here for Christmas. He's planning to drive over the mountain after he gets off work at 10pm tonight!!!

But for hubby, me, and our preggers daughter, I'm making a stuffed turkey roast today, and London Broil tomorrow. I've made two kinds of Christmas cookies and some cranberry walnut bread, but today I'm making more cookies and some pumpkin bread.
    MomShap

Answer by MomShap at 2:24 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Nope no cooking for me. I let the kids choose what they want to eat on Christmas eve. This year they want Pizza. Sounds fabulous to me! We will be baking cookies and brownies later for Santa though. And tomorrow my mil is doing all the cooking. She called and told me not to worry about cooking.

Answer by gemgem at 1:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Now I am depressed! lol. I can't get anything done today because of my VERY active 19 month old! How on earth do you manage....any suggestions might save me from needing a wig tomorrow. lol
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 1:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• lol...don't worry about it! I've probably let my daughter watch too much TV this morning, and I definitely have a mess to clean up when she takes a nap from all the stuff she got out while I was cooking. She helped me make the cookies for Santa and that just about tapped out my patience right there! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I started Monday making baked mashed potatoes and refrigerating them. Then yesterday I made nut pudding for dessert. Today I baked the turkey and got the ingredients ready for the stuffings- two kinds, plain and sausage.

Answer by Bmat at 1:58 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• We're too far away from anyone we know to make a real effort in the kitchen this year. I'll make sugar cookies with the girls for Santa this afternoon(once everybody is up from their nap, hunny too hehe) and make fudge amongst movies and wrapping and popcorn tonight. Tomorrow is ham and green beans and mashed with gravy. Maybe I'll make a pumpkin bread/cake.
    But wow, I envy you right now OP. The holidays are only the holidays because of the food and the family. Have a good time for me eh?
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 24, 2008