How do you handle this situation?

Your husband wanted to go on vacation (think anywhere long distance) without you or the kids, what do you do? Does it matter if he is going with or without a friend(s). What if you don't trust the peeps he might go with? This hasnt happened to me, but it might and I want to know how others would react. Lets also throw in that you have trust issues that you are working on with him and the 2 of you have a hard time going to a movie together not to mention on vacation anywhere long distance! I am thinking that I would express to him that I wanted to go, wanted to know why I couldn't go if he insists that I can't go and then plan a trip on my own w/o him. I'm thinking thats would be the best way to handle it but not sure. Please share.

Msunique80

Asked by Msunique80 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• I think if he is going to strike out on his own you have every right to plan a trip just for you as well. Trust is a mjor issue in so many relationships these days and I've lost many relationships becuse of them. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and trust whether you want to or not. letting him go on this trip may be a HUGE step in your relationship.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• i think i would let him go, my hubby's "family" all lives in CO and my real family lives in CA, we live in AR, and we have been trying to figure out how to go see everyone, and have considered seperate vacations for us, one goes while the other stays with the kids and then the other goes, i dont think there is anything wrong with it
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:04 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• That seems odd. Why would dh want to go on a vaca without me? If you didn't already have trust issues, and felt completely comfortable, then it might be okay, but most people who dont have trust or relational issues don't ask to go on vaca without their families. My dh wouldn't go anywhere without me and he only has one friend...LOL.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:09 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Hell to the naw.
    Bl4ckR0ses

Answer by Bl4ckR0ses at 9:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I do not see why a husband should go on a vacation without his family, unless its something that he does with the fellas once in a awhile (fishing, golf, skiing trip) and its something that would bore the wife.

If my dh had friends I did not trust, than I would highly suggest to him to find new friends or it woud cause alot of problems in our marriage/family life.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2008