Anybody else have to brave the stores today? Is it bad?

I've got to go to Wal-Mart...I don't want to, but I need to get some more cough medicine for my daughter. I'm dreading it, to be honest! One year I literally had a lady argue with me over getting a can of evaporated milk because it was the last can in "her brand". I don't want to knock an old lady out today...but I will if I have to...lol. j/k.

So who has been out today? Was it bad?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Just got back and had to sit down with my good friend Jack Daniels.
    Good luck
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I went at about 7:30 this morning.
    It was crowded, but not horrible.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I just got back and it was ok, except that the $5 gift card I HAD to use came from a movie and it was never activated! So, I got to spend 30 minutes waiting for them to figure out their own crappy system malfunction!! UGH!! I hate walmart!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Just got back and it was BAD. It was worse then I have seen in years past to be honest. I wish I had finished everything before today. I went to Walmart, the grocery store & a dept store.

Answer by gemgem at 1:08 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Eeeeh good luck :( I saw the Wal-Mart parking lot last night, it was FULL. I can't imagine how bad it might be in some places today. Good luck, just remember to breathe and if anyone is rude to you, take it with a grain of salt.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:09 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Is there a grocery store you could go to instead? It might be less crowded, and even though you might pay a bit more for the cold medicine, it might be worth it to avoid the crowds.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• In CO not too bad. A little more crowded then a typical day at this time, but not as unbearable as monday and tuesday shopping.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:05 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I won't have to go today, but I did run in there last night. It was about 8 pm and I had to exchange a package of goodnights that I bought for my son. He immediately noticed that they were the "girl" kind and he wouldn't wear them. There was a lady in front of me, whom I recognized from the local football games, and she was trying to return an XBOX and they wouldn't let her. Hmm, I wonder why! I got my money back and quickly exited the store and then ran into the grocery store for the good nights and some donuts. It wasn't too bad.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:25 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I went to the grocery store...that wasn't so bad, but you couldn't pay me to go to the malls or shopping centers today.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Horrendous... There were people yelling and shouting... it was like Wall Street.
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 24, 2008