Would you feel bad too?

This sounds like a really stupid, childish reason to be upset but I can't help but feel this way. My SO went all out and bought our son and his family these nice presents and he didn't even think about me. I'm not materialistic but to me, the Holidays also reflect how someone feels about you. For a while we haven't been getting along but he treats our son and his family like they're the best people on the planet but acts like he hates me. :-( I'm just really down about this.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My dh never buys me anything he says to pick and say its from him LOL. But were older so I understand hes just not a shopper and knows I take care of all the financial stuff too. And he knows I can pick best for myself since I know what I like and Im guaranteed to be happy.
    But if your dh treats other ppl better you should sit down and tell him. Dont get all teary or emotional make it like a business meeting and write down in advance some things that bother you that you would like changed or addressed. That way you give him a chance to fix them.

Answer by gemgem at 1:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Its about the way he treats me, not the "materials." If that makes any sense. He never listens to me anyway. There's no point in talking to him.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• It is ok to feel the way you do. id feel like that, too. He seems like a jackass to me. Communication is the key to a good and healthy relationship and if you feel llike you cant even communicate with him LEAVE.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• i would try and let him know how you feel...guys arent always that bright..and me might not get that it bothers you..i know in our family..christmas is more or less just for the kids anyways..i mean we all get stuff for everyone..but..the focus is on the kids..maybe he DID get something, hes just keeping it a suprise???!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Are you sure he doesnt have a suprise up his sleeve for you?
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I honestly think he's staying with me because of our son. He's afraid of losing his child so he puts on a smile just to be with me. It hurts to think about it but it seems this way..

LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• It is too cruel if he didn't get you anything. Are you sure about this? Wait until tomorrow. If he didn't then the writing is on the wall and you should be preparing to start a new life for yourself and your child. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 1:54 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• How is that childish to feel that way?
    I am hoping for you he has something BIG planned that you are totally clueless about. Even something small but meaningful. My husband and I are taking all the money we get for Christmas and getting a sleep number bed so that is our gift to ourselves, but I thought I would hang mistletoe above our bed today just to have a romantic night. But I agree, I would be upset too if he put a whole bunch of thought into everyone but you. I m sure you put a lot of thought into him.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:12 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I did get him something even though I work only two days a week at a restaurant...hehe. I'd feel bad if I didn't.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:16 AM on Dec. 25, 2008