How much would you pay a baby-sitter for a 6 month old? By the way, I live in a small town in Iowa if that makes a difference..

benjaminsmom86

Asked by benjaminsmom86 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It would depend on if it's fulltime, part time or a night out. Could you be more specific?
    julieinaz

Answer by julieinaz at 2:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I am in Texas but the rule of thumb I have always been told is that you pay $1.00 more an hour than minimum wage but not less than $20.00 a visit. Minimum wage is $5.85 than you would pay 6.85 an hour but if the person works less than 3 hours you would still pay them $20.00 for their time to come over and sit. Age of the child or number of children does not matter it is the effort to do the job that counts. Hope this helps!
    Tway

Answer by Tway at 2:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

Tway

Answer by Tway at 2:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I babysit a boy who is now 22 months, I've had him since he was 3 months. I keep him 5 days a week for about 50 hours a week, I get paid $140 every two weeks. I think this is cheap in our area, but she's a single mom, I didn't want to make it hard for her...and I love the little boy like he's my own grandson now!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2008