What do can we do about my 10yr old SD behavior?

She needs attention all the time even negative attention. Even if we have had a great day full of fun if she acts up to create a situation that will control the families behavior for the rest of the evening. The control that this child inflicts on the family is troubling to all of us even her BD and she is not pleasant to have in our house. How do I change her behavior without praising her for the simplist behaviors that are not sincere?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• Ignore the attention gettng behavior because no matter what type of attention you're giving her she's still getting attention. Refuse ANYTHING that she does and she will learn very quickly that when she does get attention it will be warranted.
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 6:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Make sure she has chores and helps out around the house cuz I think that helps.
    What is her fav way of showing love? (The 5 Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman)
    Read Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel, for ideas, too.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2008