How could this possibly happen?

Yesterday I posted saying that I got positives on my stick tests and not pregnant on my digital. Well this morning I took another stick test and it was negative. I also noticed that the first one I took is the darkest line and it gets lighter as I was taking them. How could this be? Im getting frustrated and I give up.

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would go into the doctor and get your HCG levels tested. Maybe your levels are falling and you could be possibly on the verge of a miscarriage.
    Anonymous

• the egg was fertelized, but did not implant properly, you will probally have a normal period in a few days, i dont think it is quite considered a miscarriage in medical terms, because the egg did not actually implant, but no one would blame you for greiving like it was one
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I think they call it a missed miscarraige becasue you would have never know if you didn't test. My tests got lighter when I m/c
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 2:14 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• It could be a so-called "chemical pregnancy" (very, very early miscarriage). I had the same thing happen once and I assume this is what it was. I'm sorry you are going through this :-( It's very frustrating!!

A missed miscarriage is when you miscarry without the regular symptoms of a miscarriage. I had one at 10 weeks. I'd known I was pregnant from about 4 weeks on. My hcg levels were rising, I saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks. At 10 weeks I had just a slight twinge of brown blood... no red blood or cramping. I decided to get checked out, anyway, though. It turns out that the baby had died at 7 weeks. I'd retained him/her for 3 weeks with no signs of impending miscarriage. Just wanted to clear up the difference b/w missed miscarriage and a chemical pregnancy.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 2:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Something my doctor told me when I was pregnant the first time is that 60% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. As technology gets better and we become more aware sooner, and sooner of successful fertilization we become more aware of these losses. I know its upsetting, but I found it weirdly comforting to know how *normal* it is. It's your body doing what its supposed to do - it wants the very best, most viable fertilized egg for you so you have less chances of problems down the line. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:23 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• When I MC the line got lighter too
    Anonymous

• I had the same thing happen to me. I tested positive on a digital and negativeon a stick and then my hgc levels determined that it was a very early pregnancy but then I got very heavy bledding with clots and my doctors just said it was a very heavy period and my hgc levels were like that on my body I didnt really look further into it. I wish you well and would definetly go to the doctors. Meery Christmas.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:36 AM on Dec. 25, 2008