just venting but some opinions would be nice

so i got my daughters crhistmas pics done and i didnt put them on my myspace because i didnt want my ex's mother to put them on hers right away. so i finally put them on there and not even an hour later she put them on hers. should i be mad cuz they have denied my baby for almost her whole life and now they want to do shit for her and see her pics. im so irritated but i feel like im being really childish but cant i have pics without her taking all of them. its not like i wasnt gonna give her any, i just havent got them in the mail. i know i probably should be mad since it is just pics but shouldnt you at least ask someone if you were gonna take pics off there myspace?........please no being mean i know its kinda childish and imature

lmaines22

Asked by lmaines22 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm totally not trying to be mean, but really just get over it. Let them be. Be the bigger person, and set a good example for your kid. Start now by just letting it go. She is the grandma, whether she's been involved thus far or not. And besides, isn't MySpace for umm, 15 year olds?
    Anonymous

• I can understand where you're coming from b/c my ex's family asked me if my son was their brother's child. Now they want to see him and all that jazz. Although it irks me that they denied he was part of their family I am grateful that they accept him now. I think family is very important and I don't want my son to ever think I kept him from his family. Regardless of how you feel about eachother you guys are bonded together for life. No matter how seperate you try to make your lives they will always mesh together in some way. I think you should be glad that they want to see pictures of her and "show her off." If you really don't want her to take your pictures then make your profile private or make those pictures private. You can also disable the option for people to be able to right click on the pictures....although I don't really see the point of you not letting her have the pictures.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• She can't actually remove the pictures, right? So she just copied what you had and used them in her site, too? This doesn't take anything away from your site. She's enjoying her granddaughter, which is a good thing.

Answer by Bmat at 2:42 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• There should be a setting on your Myspace you can select so that other's can't copy your photos.

However, just feel thankfull for your child that her Grandmother is starting to have something to do with her.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 2:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I am sorry you feel this way, however I also think that it is a good thing that they have had a change of heart about your daughter and that you should now pick your battles. after all they are just pictures.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 3:08 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I think its good they want something to do with your baby now..But i also understand where your coming from i think she should at least ask you first..But being the bigger person would work out alot better because you do have a baby in the situation and you dont want her growing up hating them
    gracie43008

Answer by gracie43008 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• well I think peopel should ask before doing that but be glad they have straightened up and want to be part of her life.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 3:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Report it myspace, and start watermarking your photos.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Set your photo's to private if you don't want her to have them.
    Angie32Red

Answer by Angie32Red at 5:12 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Why don't you block her?
    I blocked my MIL for stealing my pictures and putting them up in her own albums. Thanks, but take your own goddamned pictures, those are MY memories!!!!!
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 6:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2008