Tattoo question.

I'm wanting a foot tattoo but I have a very low tolerance for pain. I've heard this is one of the worst places to get a tattoo, pain wise. For those of you with tattoo experience...am i right or am I just being a chicken?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I have one on the top of my foot and my lower left back. The foot one actually did not hurt that bad. It was way worse on my back.
    beckster_01

Answer by beckster_01 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• cant tell you about the foot, I heard it hurts from a tattoo artist whos girlfriend has one on each foot. The tattoo artist I went to to get my bellybutton done had a patch that I put on for 45 min and it numbed it, I almost slept thru the tattoo he wanted to see if it worked, maybe you can inquire about that before you get one.
    Pghpagirl

Answer by Pghpagirl at 5:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• i have a fairly large tattoo on the right side of my right foot....it was my fourth tattoo, so i already kinda knew what i was in for...it hurt, but not unbearably bad until he got to the side...im not gonna lie, i have a high pain tolerance and it hurt like holy hell! i have on on my hip, behind my ear, and on my shoulder too.....the foot hurt far worse than any of the others!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My friend has the words, "Stand Strong", on the tops of both of her feet. She said that it hurt a fair amount, but you can always talk to your tattoo artist about doing different sessions to lessen the pain.
    cleverusername

Answer by cleverusername at 10:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• anything directly over bone hurts..no doubt. Remember though most artists will not guarantee tats on the hands, face or feet. They tend to blur. Lots of times the lines blow as they are being applied. When a tat is done they need to get the ink to the 3rd level in the skin. That is really difficult to do on feet esp. Just something to think about.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:11 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I have 17 tattoos all together. (they can be hidden if I choose to hide them) I have one of top of my foot, and it did not hurt what so ever. And I have a very low pain tolerance! The worse place to ever get them, (even if you have a good pain tolerance) is on the breast bone, toes, inside of your ankles, and when doing an arm band that goes back around towards the armpit!! (on the armpit I watch a 280lb man cry) and your finger stings like a bee! Hope you found this useful.
    MrsJ05

Answer by MrsJ05 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• if you really have a low pain tolerance tattoos might not be for you...They hurt, no matter where you get them....needles sticking into your skin are painful...i would rather be in labor for 23 hours again than get tattooed...i don't know why I keep doing it....tattoos are cheaper than kids i guess..
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 7:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2008