What activities do you enjoy with your children on Christmas eve and Christmas day?

I am wanting to hear other families traditions because I am always looking for new ones to add to make memories with my children. Here is what we do:
Christmas Eve:
Bake cookies
Leave some cookies out for Santa and carrots for his reindeer
Read Christmas stories
Go to a candlelight church service
Let the children open one present

Christmas Day:
The kids wake up early usually by five. We open all our presents then eat an eggnog pancake breakfast. I then start making our big dinner with ham, turkey, and all the fixings as well as pumpkin and apple pie. We usually make a cake for Jesus for his birthday as well and sing to him the happy birthday song.

jlemaycox

Asked by jlemaycox at 3:25 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in General Parenting

• yours sound like ours except on christmas eve each child does something. they sing a song or recite a poem for the family.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 3:31 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• We start with Mass on Christmas Eve, then go to my sisters for a party. Christmas morning we have egg casserole and coffee cake and the kids open their presents. Then, we do nothing! Its nice. We lounge around the house, putting toys together and playing. This year I've decided that we are going to spend the day with just my family. Me, Dh, and our 4 boys. I'm gonna make a ham and cheesy mashed taters. Since we got a ton of snow, I want to go sledding tomorrow night.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 3:53 PM on Dec. 24, 2008