Someone stole it!

My dad sent us 2 christmas cards, each with 2 gift cards in them. well, i got them in today, and someone took out the gift cards! they done took the cards out, put the christmas card back in, and taped the back. does anyone know anything we can do about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Holidays

• Does yoru dad still have the receipt? He can call the store and put a stop on the cards and transfer it to another card. If they used the cards then they can catch them.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:27 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Theres really nothing u can do. I had that happen to my dds bday gift and happened to live in a duplex with a real low life welfare queen. She stole it and we knew she had done it. I called the police and the postal inspector and the card was for walmart. Walmart pulled the tape when the card was spent and we busted her that way.
    Anonymous

• Call your local post office. Tampering with someone's mail is a federal crime.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 3:29 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• thanks i called him and told him. he's going to look for the receipts now.
    Anonymous

• Wow what a totally horrible thing to do. How could they? I am so sorry, that totally stinks. Ugh, some people. Um, but yeah what the other ladies said about pulling the receipts and alerting the stores where they were purchased sounds like a plan. I hope they catch them, I don't care how hard up you are, you don't take things that don't belong to you.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• You are flippin kidding me?! How irritating!! I would raise holy heck at the post office. I know they probably won't be able to know exactly who it was, but maybe that person has already gotten in trouble for this in the past and this will be the final straw so to speak. That is just unbelievable! Mail tampering is a federal crime and they could do real time for that.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:07 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• OMG this happened to me too. My dad sent us a card with a giftcard in it and when I got my card the other day, the envelope was obviously opened. It was for Wal Mart and I was planning on getting groceries and stuff for Christmas dinner. Wal Mart wouldn't do anything even though my dad did have the receipt. This has happened to me before with things I ordered on ebay and never received.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:41 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• no point in raising holy heck at the p.o. ...unless there's a way you can prove it happened at the p.o.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:22 AM on Dec. 25, 2008