what age do you remove the training wheels from your childs 16 inch bike

bbrown404

Asked by bbrown404 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't think there is a specific age. Mine were off at 5, 4, and 4. Just make sure you have the time/energy to work with them on riding without them.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 4:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Whenever the child seems confident enough. You can either walk beside the bike or let the child learn where he or she can touch a wall if the bike seems wobbly. That's how I learned, in a basement. I rode near a wall and was able to touch the wall if the bike started to fall, after a few tries I could ride farther away from the wall.

Answer by Bmat at 10:38 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• There is no age. It's all up to how well YOUR child seems to be doing. Watch the rear wheel closely when he's riding... how often to the training wheels touch the ground? How fast does he go? It is very hard to keep your balance when you are going very slowly, it's easier the faster he goes.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• depends on your child and their balance and confidence.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:44 PM on Dec. 27, 2008