how do you make your pot roast?

i make a very taty pot roast spanish style happy to pass down the recpie looking for different flaver and style.

yumymommy

Asked by yumymommy at 4:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I sear it on all sides. While it is searing I mix together a can of cream of mushroom soup and Lipton onion soup mix and water. (put enough water so that it is almost runny) Then I pour the soup mix on, bring to a boil, add potatoes and carrots and let simmer for 2 hours...using the soup mix means you already have your gravy made and don't have to make any later
    mommyof4ormore

Answer by mommyof4ormore at 4:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• There is an easy way. walmart has them all packed up with everything in it just throw it in a crock pot or in the oven, but don't use their seasoning, the best is mccormick they sell little packs of seasoning and a bag if you wanna put it in the oven or mix water and do it in the crock pot.
    Pghpagirl

Answer by Pghpagirl at 5:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Slice up potatoes and carrots and put them around the roast ( I always get the eye of the round cut, anything else isn't as tender, IMO)pour about an inch of water into the pan, pour a little worcheshire sauce over everything and add a packet of dry onion soup mix. Cook on low for about an hour and a half, depending on how big your roast is. I buy smaller ones for just the 4 of us so it only takes about an hour or a little more to cook it.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2008