Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A legal Question... regarding non payment of court appointed Alimony. I was divorced in MS, I now live in CA and ex lives in WY. He is soon to be 3 1/3 months behind on alimony payments, Would I have to go back to MS to seek the back alimony? I am disabled and have a very fixed income.


Asked by Gingeebear at 3:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Petition the court in MS to have a change of venue done to CA. When you petition the court include that you be granted the ability to appear in all hearings out of state by phone. The judge will grant this. Then, after it gets changed to CA, petition the CA courts for contempt of a court order. He will HAVE to come to CA to answer for it. GL, MC & HNY

    Answer by Babylove76 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

  • I would contact a lawyer just to be sure. All states have different laws about this stuff and it's hard to give you the correct answer.

    Answer by feesharose at 10:52 PM on Dec. 24, 2008