how to deal with slow husbands..

my husband procrascinates all the time. i've been supposed to move for a month now, and every day he's too tired, or some excuse to not move. if i didnt have a baby that i have to breastfeed, i'd leave her with someone and do it myself, but she wont use her bottle. and its december so i dont wanna drag my baby in the cold. every day i lecture him about why we havent moved yet, now what????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• do you have a new house ready? If so , how far? why are you moving? mabey you could stay thru the winter? Do you have relatives / friends that can come to your house and play with her while you pack ,then you can take a break to feed her? I would stoplecturing him, its probably doing more damage than good. have you tried just sitting down with him and talking to him, being on the same side and see how he reacts?
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 3:58 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• It is probably time to give it a rest. I appears that he doesn't want to move. So if you can just resign yourself to staying where you are for a while then he may in his own time decide about moving. I know my husband won't be coerced. So I've learned to ask him once or twice, explain my take on it, and if it doesn't get done I realize that it won't. But then some time down the line, maybe weeks afterwards, it gets done.

Answer by Bmat at 4:14 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• If you already have a new home to move to, maybe family/friends will offer to help.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• You need to train your husband. My husband claims our household runs on "my time" which I admit that it does, things wouldn't get done any other way.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2008