Do you think John Edward the psychic really sees what he says?

Have any of you seen his show- John Edward Cross Country or his original one, Crossing over with John Edward? Its so hard to not believe in what he does. Some of the things he says is so believable- little details about the person that no one else would know, or layouts of their houses, or conversations that person had had, and the way they passed. etc. Do you think he's for real or do you think he is just a great talker and spins his stories really well? He says he started being able to understand those that have "crossed over" when he was really young. Every time I watch the show, I feel like I just have to believe because of the things he says. Like right now, he mentioned a special locket this lady had and she wasn't even wearing it. If you've seen the show, what do you think?

abigail824

Asked by abigail824 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe he ha a direct line into the demonic....that he thinks are his friends that will one day harm him. God has the ability to tell u the future, and He does not allow people to come back from the dead to tell us things. Totally demonic. For everything God has for His children. satan has a counterfeit.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I believe some people are born with gifts that do come from God. Its funny as a christian myself I see people claim oh its all demonic yet when prophets from the Bible saw the future they werent crazy or tuning into the demonic? Just because it isnt the time of the Bible being written doesnt mean people suddenly havent been gifted. Thats plain silly and really puts God in box to say it isnt possible when all things all through God. So yes, I do think it is possible he is gifted but wouldnt be able to say 100% unless I were to meet him and he said something to make me know he was right.
    Anonymous

• Thats kinda how I feel, anon 3:32- I am not 100% sure, but I am sure I'd be convinced if he did a reading for me and was acurate on things he couldn't have known.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• His "gift" is not from God. I pretty much agree with ColleenF30. The prophets that were used in the bible did not speak to or consult the dead. The bible tells us we are not to speak to consult or pray to the dead. Therefore what he and anyother psychic is doing is not by the spirit of God but by a demonic spirit.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• yeah, I agree with colleen, and bonn 777 that's a demonic spirit. It's called the spirit of divination or familiar spirit. This is not of God.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 4:50 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• You have to pay for your ticket with a credit card, which means he has access to your whole life. He is an excellent entertainer and nothing more. I do believe that there are people out there with a heightened sense of awareness, actually I believe that we all have it but some can use it better than others. But I think he is nothing more than entertainment.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 4:51 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I agree with Samantha. I think part of it is TV magic and part of it is really really good generalizations.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Acts 16:16-18 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel posessed with a spirit of divination met with us which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying (fortune telling)
    And this she did many days, but Paul, being greieved turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
    John Edwards is nothing new, people with the evil spirit of diviniation has been using this to make money for centuries.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 5:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Demonic spirits my arse. Geez louise!

He has a talent, an ability to make people feel better about the loss of a loved one. Whether its some spiritual gift or he reads people and talks a "good game" as I hear others say about people like him.

If it makes others feel better, big deal. More power to him!! I think he's very talented and very spiritual.

BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 5:10 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Divination: The art of obtaining secret knowledge esp. of the future.
    Divination is a pagan counterpart of prophecy. Divination is by demon power, whereas genuine prophecy is of God. "Let no one be found among you who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or cast spells, or who is amedium of spirits or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord" Deut. 18:10-12
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 5:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2008