I need advice on how to get my light bill paid when my husband won't give me the money

my husband cashes his checks and gives me very little of it and he puts the rest in his pocket. The light bill is over $300 and I made a deal with them to pay a hundred a week. until I'm caught up.
Well I don't have it thanks to my lovely husband, he is out of town 5 days a week and keeps his money for himself because he says he needs it to live on.

Where can I turn to get help paying this bill? where do I get $100 within 24 hours. there are no jobs, and if there were it would be 3 weeks before that 1st check, there is nothing to sell and leaving the marriage isn't going to pay the light bill that is in my name.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• hugsCan you stay with friends or family till he comes home to no electric & turns it on? Seems to me, if he wants all the control of the money... he outta pay the bills before he leaves town! I can't believe some people.. where's the love? Sorry, you are having to deal with this poor treatment. I hope things change soon for you.

1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 2:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• Just leave the lights go out, then tell your DH he is a failure at providing for his family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• WAIT?! LET ME MAIL YOU THE MONEY.. PLEASE?!..
    YEAH OK. LADY, YOU NEED TO LEAVE THAT NO!! GOOD HUSBAND OF YOURS!! HE KEEPS MONEY AND THINKS YOU DON'T NEED IT FOR YOUR CHILD!! GET A JOB AND GET OUT!! HE IS A LOSER!!! YOU CAN GET BETTER
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• Call him up and explain to him that if he doesn't pay the entire balance immediately he will be coming home to a dark and empty house and a divorce notice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• Your husband keeps the money? You have to make deals with him to pay the bills? Thats all wrong.. Call the electric company & try to get on a payment plan.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• What would your husband think if the lights were turned off?
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 1:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• call and ask for another extension. if not there- call the place that offers heat assistance, if they have money and you qualify they can help you.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 1:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• You could ask a church or charity in your community to help you pay it off. Once paid turn the service off since you said it is in your name. I would probably pack all my stuff and my kids stuff and move in with family and work as many jobs as I had to so I wasn't with a loser who neglects his family like that. Hope things get better you have options to not be there again.
    healthykidsmom

Answer by healthykidsmom at 2:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• people are saying ask places! WhY?! her husband is a fucking LOSER!!! why should others pay because she decides to stay with this scumbag!.. You need to just leave him! Next you know he'll be beating your ass cause the electric is off!! yet it is his fault!! Get out NOW!!! sorry you have to deal with such a piece of trash! Find yourself a REAL man!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• Do you have a job? I would sure get one. You need to work as well. He doesn't sound like he's going to be very realiable in the future.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2011