Is it wrong to put only the name you like on someone's baby shower cake?

For my baby shower, sister in law put my son's middle name only. Because she and MIL didn't like his first name at all and were only going to call him by his middle name. Is this wrong, as they were throwing the shower for me? I was hurt and taken aback by this.

mommyonhawaii

Asked by mommyonhawaii at 4:37 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Eh, that's selfish in my opinion. They should've put the whole name, regardless of whether THEY liked it or not.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Yes, that is totally wrong. Wow, that is just plain mean.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 4:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• yeah, just because they don't like the name doesn't mean they shouldnt' respect your decision on naming your child that. they should have put the whole name, or at least the first and middle
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• That's kind of f**ked up in my opinion! What a callous thing to do. You have every right to be upset and hurt. That's foul and I think your SO should let them know you think so.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• If you KNOW they did it because they didn't like his first name then yeah that's messed up but if they did it just because they knew you were going to call him by his middle name then I guess that would be okay.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Watch out with those two...if that is how they are before the baby is born...imagine what its going to be like once the baby is here. They obviously don't respect you. I would nip that in the bud now...otherwise they'll be treating your child how they see fit and not how you wish to raise him. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• WOW! I would be pissed off. I would have to have a talk with your SO about this. Completely unacceptable.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• what a b&tch i would be upset to its not there choose
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Can you change the middle name now, just to piss them off? he he just kidding.

That was unkind of them to put only the middle name.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:25 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• ahahaha i'm laughing because I can't believe how fucking rude that is!!!! SORRY for cussing but jeesh, that's super low!!!! Not only disrespectful to you, but to the baby that will see those pic's of his or her cake when older...c'mon now, you alrd know the answer to this question in your heart, so you really need to take this up with them...inlaw's aren't they just grand lol.
    Anonymous