ICK! I have weird bugs in my microwave...

And I'm not sure what they are, where they came from or how to get rid of them. I dont leave food out.. EVER so I really honestly dont know... at all what to do... but it freaks me out... i dont want them getting on the food we microwave... Someone help!!!!

UhLeeshUh

Asked by UhLeeshUh at 4:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Home & Garden

• If they are in the microwave, turn it on and kill them. then clean it out. Problem solved

Answer by louise2 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• i've turned it on.. and it didnt kill them... and i just got done cleaning it yesterday.. but they are still there... hmmmph.
    UhLeeshUh

Answer by UhLeeshUh at 4:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Spray the inside of the microwave with bug killer.

Answer by louise2 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• do you think that would like emit toxic fumes and all that? i know obviously to wash it out afterward but still?
    UhLeeshUh

Answer by UhLeeshUh at 5:04 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I think cleaning it out really good should work.....or Put the microwave in the deep freezer, if you have room. The cold will kill the bugs.

Answer by louise2 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• i'll try that. thanks for your help!
    UhLeeshUh

Answer by UhLeeshUh at 5:10 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Steaming them out might work, too. I remember a couple years ago, there were tiny ants that found their way into the frame of the microwave. A trail of them would come out the seam when I made pasta.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:31 PM on Dec. 24, 2008