What should i Name the baby?

Me and my ex had names picked out for our children to be for a long time... but since we arent together anymore i dont know if i should stick with the names we picked out together or pick names that i like? or if i should give the baby my last name or his?

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 5:21 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The way I look at it, if he plans on being in the baby's life, give the baby his last name. If he isn't, then no.

Also, you can always make it a hyphenated last name, with both of yours.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• IF YOUR NOT WITH HIM= GIVE HIM YOUR LAST NAME!! dont give him the benefit of the doubt. if hes not trying to make it work.. then use your last name.. im pregnant right now-im actually using my babies fathers lasst name.. it took me a long time to think about it though. and if you picked those names that you have chosen because he liked them, and u were unsure.. this is ur chance. name the baby ANYTHING you want.. afterall..y our going to be a single mom, your going to be making all the decisions. why not start now.
    dared2lovexx

Answer by dared2lovexx at 5:23 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I never understood giving a baby the last name of a man who isn't going to help raise it. Give the baby your last name. It will make things easier, especially when s/he starts school. You also get to choose whatever first name you like, whether it's from that list or not.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:30 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• To Anon, i said if he plans on being there. and if he doesn't never said he wasnt going to.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• im in the same position, i picked a different name. we wanted zachary for a boy and i decided i liked trevor better. i didnt do it to be mean, it was just my decision. i am NOT giving the baby his last name. he hasnt done anything throughout my pregnancy, im 31 weeks, and now all of a sudden he is trying, but in my opinion its too late. there is no reason why if he is there that you cant go back and change the last name.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I agree with Pnukey...give the baby your last name, why give the child the last name of a person who doesnt even want to stick around?!?!?!?! And again if he isnt being a part of this child's life already name them what ever you want/like dont worry about what he likes or what he thinks..Hes obviously not breaking down the door to be in this kids life so why give him the honor of using his names?
    Good luck hun I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 11:27 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• when I was pregnant with my first I wasnt with my baby's dad either it was really hard to pick a name for her. I too had picked baby names out for our children if we were to have them and I thought back on the name and decided that's what her name would be because it was something we both liked. I didn't know if he was going to be in her life at all and I didnt want her to have his last name I didn't want people questioning weather she was my daughter because we had diffrent last names. I decided that she would have my last name. He showed up to the birth and was a little upset that she didnt have his last name but I did tell him that if he was in her life from that point on till before she went to school I would change her last name to his. He's still here and were actually getting married so I'll change her name then.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:56 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• well, i dunno what jackass tj is planning on doing, but i would give him your last name because of the brian type b.s. he is pulling.. but id go with angelica(just kidding!)..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• My ex boyfriend doesnt want anything to do with his beautiful son. which is sad cuz he's so
    cute & smart. but that beside the point.

If your EX doesn't want anything to do with your baby then NO don't let your EX boyfriends' last name be given to your beautiful baby.
    Now if your EX is willing to help & he wants to make it work then you could do both of your names.
    if thats what you want.
    But if you too are planning on gettin back together or you think it looks tackey with 2 names
    then give your baby his last name.
    but when it realyl comes down to it, the choice is yours. But with what ever you decide make sure your not emotional that day. :)
    Good Luck.
    bekahbaby35

Answer by bekahbaby35 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2008