Stay away or get arrested,depsite no laws being broke.

I have been getting care for my baby at a hospital/clinic.
Today i got a letter stating if i ever enter again under any circumstances i will be fined,since i would be violating the state statue regarding this.
Now,the last time i was seen was 3 weeks ago,nothing got said.
I have not been charged or even questioned by anyone,including law enforcement.
I have no criminal record of any kind.
I think it is due to hubby having a past record from way over 10 years ago,unrelated to the hospital or anyone affliated with them.
Not on probation or anything.
Since a referance was made.
They will and said no explination is needed,if i continue to ask they will press harassment charges against me.
I asked for them to remove my records then and they said no,as they have a right to do what they want with them(hospital property)
I'm so upset,what would you do.
Hubby also got same letter

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• what state statute?
    KimPepperoni

Answer by KimPepperoni at 5:37 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Wisconsin 943.145
    Can they just throw that at you without a real reason or charge/conviction of any kind?
    I looked it up it is simple enough to understand but not simple for why they did it.
    Anonymous

• I have no idea what's going on with that. They must have given you some reason why you are ordered to stay away. Obviously there's more to this than you're telling us. If there's not, and you did nothing wrong, call a lawyer. Every hospital I've ever been in has signs that say they cannot turn away a patient for any reason.
    Anonymous

• That is the thing,no idea.
    Why would i be asking,if i knew i was accountable on some level.
    I heard a referance to my hubby having a past and people that have done wrong in thier life deserve no good treatment.
    I feel it is discrimination based over anything of criminal nature by me.
    Anonymous

• Also,the hospital/clinic never came to me to state concerns or to try to settle any concerns or questions.
    Plus why will they give no answers,expect this is what we want or we will file harassment charges for your inquiry.
    I would like to know to fix it,if something was done???
    I think they are being rude and over stepping thier ground.
    Anonymous

("She said she did nothing wrong and they will not tell her.
    Also yes places can turn you away and WITHOUT cause or over personal feelings,like someone being black or lesbian.
    This may be the case since her hubby has a past,which someone dislikes even unrelated to why she was turned away and why are they avoiding giving her a reason?
    Except to say we will file harassment?
    This place sounds to be breaking codes.
    I work in the legal field and just see red flags on there part.")
    Anonymous

• It think something is being left out here..either by you or the hospital either way it just doesnt add up.But if I were you I would find a new clinic ASAP and sign the papers for them to request your medical records and let them get them So you can keep getting the very importnat pre-natal care you need. The hospital does have the right to keep the records but you have the right to have access to them whether that is photocopies or what not....I also would contact a lawyer
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 11:18 PM on Dec. 24, 2008