Do you and your kids take off your shoes at the door?

Our family always removes our shoes in the vestibule when we enter our house. Do you do the same or sometimes leave your shoes on?

surobb

Asked by surobb at 5:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• ya i leave mine all the time im always running round to get stuff done
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• We take ours off at the door. But they stay there in case we need to go outside for something.
    PurpleDawn

Answer by PurpleDawn at 5:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• i have to have my shoes on all the time i cut my foot really bad a little over a year ago and they wouldn't do anything not even stitch it up. so i really can't walk around without my shoes i try to make the kids do it but they don't
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• It's the general rule but that doesn't mean that it always happens:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:09 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• My entire living rooms seems to be my teenagers closet! Yes we take them off. Mine go by the front door and theirs go flying! I pick them up periodically and put them on their beds. They don't like that so every once in a while they'll put their shoes where they belong..by the door or in their closet. It's an endless battle.....LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• We did at our last house, but this one has the laminate flooring which is COLD! So, now, we leave our shoes on.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• We have hard wood floor so no worries about stains on the carpets, but during the winter we always take them off by the door, and during the summer we also take them off right by the door unless we know we're only gonna be in for a short while before heading right back out.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 7:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I take mine off and when the kids lived here they took theirs off. I feel that it keeps from tracking dirt into the house. But then my husband comes tromping in with his dirty work shoes on! LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 7:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• We always take ours off. The only time we don't is if we're only running in for a quick minute, like someone forgets a library book or their lunch or something. We never wear shoes inside. We wear slippers, if it's cold, but that's it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:52 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• WE LEAVE OUR SHOES ON... PROBABLY WHY OUR CARPETS NEED VACCUMING SO MUCH BUT REALLY I PREFER NOT HAVING TO TAKE THEM ON AND OFF 800 TIMES A DAY
    JESUSCARES4YOU2

Answer by JESUSCARES4YOU2 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2008