can ultra sounds be worng

like telling the sex of your baby. or even telling you that there is some thing wrong with your baby

angelmomma2009

Asked by angelmomma2009 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ummm telling the sex yeah but not always never know what your gonna get till that day lol
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Yes--when it is for the purpose of sex selection or termination if there is something wrong with the child.....
    Sex selection happens--if the child is the wrong sex, the mom kills it through abortion....THAT is morally wrong.
    Anonymous

• yes!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:34 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• yes. my first 'son' came out a girl.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• ultrasounds are just one tool in determining something wrong. If something is suspected they should do more tests. There are different levels of ultrasounds that show more detail and allow them to see internal organs.
    As far as the gender being wrong, I have heard of it many times. Both of my boys were so obvious, there was no chance the ultrasound was wrong.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 8:35 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• he he he Yes ultra sounds cn be wrong. My 3rd child every ultra sound they said she was a boy. A week before I had her some one said awww you hve a girls ... my husband and I about died after being told more then 4 times it was a boy. We had to take a lot of stuff back to the store. So this time when I had number 4 I didn't buying thing before had that could not work for both a boy and a girl. Even thou it was not nesseary. I had a 3-D ultra sound and she flashed us even I could tell it was a girl.
    TLC4theworld

Answer by TLC4theworld at 9:46 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Yes they can be wrong about the sex and other things too. When I was pregnant with my son they said he had growth restriction and a few other things, because of the ultra sound, so i had to do nst twice a week and when he was born they said he never had anything like that and was perfectly healthy. So i really don't trust those.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• My husbands family has some heart problems so they looked at her heart really well. I asked him how the heart looked and he said it looked great but you never know until the baby gets here if there really is something wrong.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• yes we were first told that our child would be a boy, two weeks later we were told it was a girl. If it's done to early, in our cse, the clitoris can be swollen and appear as a penis ... sigh and I liked the name Hunter Andrew
    JadesMom1008

Answer by JadesMom1008 at 1:33 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• i had a doctor and when we when in for the ultrasound i was five months along and he said for sure it was a boy. and then on my seventh month i had a different doctor and she said we were having a girl. and it really is a girl. so yeah ultrasounds even doctors can be wron sometimes lol. but thats okay everyone makes mistakes lol. dont let that worry you. lol
    baprincessmomma

Answer by baprincessmomma at 12:33 AM on Dec. 28, 2008