Which sounds better?

We are trying to decided between "Edward John" and "John Edward" for our baby boy. We are going to call him "Eddie" either way.

My husband's name is John, so I am leaning towards Edward John. BUT, hubby things John Edward has a better flow....what do you think?? :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• john edward that is my fathers name.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I like John Edward.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• John Edwards is the medium that used to have the TV that he talked to the dead. So....I only think of that when I see that.
    Anonymous

• I think John Edward flows better
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Actually that mediums name the above person spoke of is "John Edward" (no "s" on the end) That is his first & middle name that he goes by. He has a last name as well (it escapes me at the moment) but I read book by him & it said that...anyhow..ya I think of that guy when ever I see those names. It does have a better flow but if you are calling him "Eddie' it makes sense to make his first name Edward so that is less confusion about it.
    Anonymous

• John Edward does flow better, but if you want to put Edward first, why don't you make it Edward Jonathon, that flows nicely also.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• John Edward does sound better.

My mom named me Amber Michelle but called me Michelle. It was a pain on the first day of each school year to tell every teacher I go by my middle name. It's actually still a pain as an adult.

Even though John Edward flows better, if your going to call him Eddie think about how he's going to go through his life going by a middle name. It would probably be easier for him to be named Edward John.

Good luck! They are both great names.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 7:17 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I prefer John Edward also. Perhaps as an adult he'll go by J. Edward. That has a good sound also.

Answer by Bmat at 7:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I like Edward better... for a few reasons...
    1. it's more logical if you are are going to call him by the nn Eddie.
    2. It's more interesting than John... not many other children are named Edward
    3. His father's name is John and he should have his own name
    4. John Edward makes me think of John Edwards who ran for Vice President or The medium guy who talks to dead people John Edward. (so go with something less common... call him Edward)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:38 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• If your going to call him Eddie as a nick name, I say call him Edward John....Common sense to me

If his nick name is going to be Johny, Call him John Edward.

Answer by louise2 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2008