Hey Ladies, has anyone done invitro?

Hey Ladies, has anyone done invitro? If so would you mind sharing some sucessful stories?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I started with artificial insemination and that was unsuccessful...I then tried one round of IVF and that was also unsuccessful. I ended up getting really depressed and went off all fertility treatments because I just couldn't afford to keep up these efforts considering my insurance didn't cover any of it...got pregnant on my own when I was not even thinking about it. I know that it is not what you want to hear, but it really costs a lot of money and there is no guarantee...make sure it is money you can afford to spend.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• My good friend did invitro and it was a big SUCCESS (first and only time)! They put in 3 fertilized eggs and all 3 of them took. Her triplets will be 3 in Feb. She had a good invitro doctor and she has not complaints. At the time she did it, it was about 10,000 dollars just some FYI so you know the ball park you need.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• The PP is right...it runs between 8-12k...mine was closer to 11k, but in that ballpark.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• It's expensive but worth the try. If that's what you really want and you can afford it; go for it. Stay close to your physician. Ask all the questions and take the drugs exactly the way that you are told. My friend did it and the good thing is she produced 20 eggs and 14 fertilized. The first time they put in 3 and now she has a beautiful little boy to love and kiss. She has 11 more left for a few more tries. It all depends on your body of course. Hopefully it will work out for you just fine.

I wish you the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Dec. 25, 2008