I want to get a Uniform Waiver from my school what is a vaild reason?

Hello we just moved to a new school in a new district, and I found out today they require uniforms. I have already gone back to school shopping and spent a good amount (a little more than 600) on clothes/shoes/misc. items for school for my kindergartener and second grader. I am not rich, so I am not buying uniforms on top of this. Anyways, I got a uniform waiver and it asks the reason why...and I don't know what to put....they say they have a program where they buy your uniform for you, but my hubby makes too much and we never qualify for things like this, and plus I don't want anyone to buy my kids uniforms. This is not a Charter or Private school, so I don't understand why they have uniforms...it's so annyoing....help please.

abbyg

Asked by abbyg at 5:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Your reason is you already did their school shopping before you moved... now you don't have money to do it twice. Call and speak to someone and ask what you should write. I am NOT a fan of uniforms... a dress code, but uniforms are for the military!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• Not to be mean, but if you don't even have a reason you probably shouldn't fill out the waiver. Is it too late to return the clothes you bought???
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• You spent $300 per child for clothes and you don't have enough money for uniforms?
    You really don't have a valid reason
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• You really want your child to be the only one not in uniform? This is when blending in matters. I would just suck it up and buy the uniforms. Ask the school if they have a uniform exchange.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• If you don't understand why schools are switching to uniforms, maybe you should ask someone. I'm sorry but you are going to make your kids stand out because you don't WANT to buy a uniform? My sons uniforms didn't cost me maybe $50.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• Financial hardship due to just moving into the area.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• Wow, just wow. I would LOVE to be able to arbitrarily waste $300 per child on brand new clothes that they won't wear. ALL of our clothes shopping is done at second hand stores. You have no valid reason for this waiver.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• I would sell the clothes and just buy the uniforms. I think uniforms are a great idea. They'll be saving you money in the long run since you won't have to buy or worry about low cut tops or expensive gotta have it clothes.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 5:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• It's not the schools fault you went shopping before checking the policy of the new district you'd be moving your children into. You have NO VALID reason to request a waiver. I am shocked the school even offers such a waiver. I'd not want my kids to stick out like sore thumbs among everyone else in school uniforms. ::shrugs:: Not to mention, school is in session 180 days per year, and there are 365 days IN a year. Is the money spent on clothing really a waste? Can they not wear it after school hours, and on the TONS of school days OFF???

As for their HAPPINESS, I think they'll get over wearing a uniform. School is for LEARNING, it is not a damn fashion show.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2011

• You should have checked into the school's dress policy before you blew $600 on clothes. Either return some of the clothes you bought, or just suck it up and buy the uniforms.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2011