how do i know when my litttle girl is about to start woman hood

my little girl is 11years old please help me out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• TALK TO HER!!!! That's the only way you are going to know....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 5:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Mine was up and down with her emotions for about 6 months before. After talking to friends, they said the same thing.
    invitetheparty

Answer by invitetheparty at 5:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Just make sure she is aware of what will happen, and have her tell you if she has any premenstrual discharge, and just be ready in case.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Talk Talk Talk....I don't have girls, but my 10 year old little boy knows what will happen when his body starts to change and has known for about 2 years now....I believe in talking because my mom never did and I was FREAKED! Just explain what will happen including the breast tenderness, hair growth down there, etc.....don't allow her friends to tell her before you get to because she'll probably get wrong information and we wouldn't want that to happen...lol
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 6:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Many girls show no signs before they start their first cycle.

TALK TO HER NOW. You don't want her to scream and panic in the bathroom some morning because you were too uncomfortable to say anything. That's just cruel and selfish.

Also, get a good book about what is happening to her body. "The Care and Keeping of You" is a good one.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Now. Get some info about babies (they have little figures of life size babies at different stages) with her from a crisis pregnancy center. that's what they're there for- educating. get a book about pregnancy with lots of pictures of babies...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• you start the conversation, i was 11 when i got mine and had to go to my mom freaked out not knowing what was happening. sit her down and tell her what will happen, it may take a year or so but if not she will not freak when it happens and if it already has she will tell you when you speak to her, good luck
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• yea, what kaycee14 said.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• wow, Um I started when I was 9 and luckly my Mom didn't wait till later cuz I would've been so scared. Not knowing what's going on. Talk to her now and if need be maybe doctor can explain it to her too
    hotmamma_79

Answer by hotmamma_79 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2008