whats the usual age to walk

moma08abreena

Asked by moma08abreena at 8:01 PM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 10 months to a year

Answer by louise2 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• 10-16 months.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:11 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• My son was 9 months when he started walking, but that's on the early side. It's still normal to not start until much later. All babies are different. :)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:03 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• My son is 9 months old and tries to walk. He takes a couple of steps before he gets scared and falls. My girlfriend's daughter walked when she was 7 months; she's now 21 months. Another friend's daughter of the same age walked when she was 13 months. I guess it depends on the baby. No rush. My son is now having his first tooth @ 9 months!
    Magatha14

Answer by Magatha14 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• the range is 6 months to 16 months. although, 6 months is very early & rare, it does happen. my daughter starting taking steps when she was 10 months and was walking at 11 months old.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:16 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Our son walked at ten months; never crawled first but then again, we had a cat and I didn't want our son crawling down low where the cat may have hurt his eyes, playing. We later found out he needed that crawling "left, right, left" brain coordination practice. Eventually, he got it by playing a lot of eye and hand coordination video games.

Mom401
    Mom401

Answer by Mom401 at 2:46 AM on Dec. 25, 2008

• it depends on the child...my first son started at 7 months..yes you heard me...it was the cutest thing to watch...I use to put him in his walker a lot and his legs just got strong...I guess...he wanted to walk bad..and he did...but my second one...his aunty carried him a lot..so did not til around 10 -11 months..dont rush it...remember...when they start to walk. they get into more things...yeah...that is right...they will when they are ready...:)
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 25, 2008