My daughter is almost 10 weeks old. She is using Avent bottles with a size 2 nipple. I changed to a size 2 becasue she was falling alseep while eating with a size one nipple. Now I am finding she is losing suction and alot of air bubbles are getting into the bottle. ANy Suggestions? Should I try a different brand and if so which kind?

love39954

Asked by love39954 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try going back to the size 1, but make the hole a little bigger with a hot needle. I had to do this also with the Avents.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 5:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• we use the playtex nurser natural latch nipple and had no problems...the drop in liner that the system uses reduces air (and colic and gassy symptoms). Plus there is no BPA in the liners....
    afeather

Answer by afeather at 10:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Too early to increase the size, falling asleep while eating is natural, that is common once their bellys are full they sleep.
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• my son is 5 months and still falls asleep while eating but he will always finish his bottle make sure you are propping her up just enough so she doesnt choke and try pulling the nipple and wriggle it around in her mouth i had to use the avent bottles with my son even tho i dont like them he would not take any other bottle but now that he is older i tried him on the playtex vent aire they are amazing i love them so much no bubbles and since he got used to the avent he latches on better to the vent aire they are amazing they are a pain to put together but him not having gas and having and easier, smoother time eating is well worth the hassle try them or just try pulling on the nipple while she is latched on to keep her interested in the bottle
    mcwilsonsmom210

Answer by mcwilsonsmom210 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I know every baby and parent is different, but we've had a lot of luck with Dr. Brown's bottles!..You can find them at Babies R Us!
    Caitlynsmommy07

Answer by Caitlynsmommy07 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2008